Event management specialist Roo Live brought Midas in to power Costa Coffee’s business update and the launch of its Christmas range to store managers at the company’s London Roastery in Lambeth.
Typically, Costa managers meet in a single venue for the event, but this time Roo Live built a TV studio in one of the Roastery’s railway arches and broadcast the action to staff in 30 Odeon cinemas around the UK.
A working site, all the power at the Roastery is poured into coffee production so the event had to be totally self-contained and a glowing report from a job at the Velodrome convinced Production Manager Steve Rooney to call Midas. Two of the company’s 175 kVA twin sets duly drove the event and it quickly proved its worth.
“We had tight criteria and health and safety guidelines to work to,” Rooney says. “Midas attended site visits and worked to the space limits given, supplying a specific type of cable ramp that Costa needed for the forklifts to keep working, and followed their guidelines for cable runs that kept the site functioning alongside our unique event. We had a very happy client and it was a pleasure working with Midas for the first time.”
Maintaining power is considered critical to the COVID-19 response
We have a large range of generators for emergency applications ready for immediate deployment
Therefore, Midas will continue to operate our usual 24/7 service, however, we have made some changes to our usual working procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers:
● Emergency generator delivery, particularly into the healthcare sector, will be our top priority. Product deliveries and collections into other sectors will continue as normal unless customers have explicitly requested our drivers do not enter their sites
● We respectfully ask for 24 hours’ notice of any change of delivery details at the current time. In such circumstances, we will work with our customers to understand the issues and rearrange a suitable delivery/collection date or location
● All drivers will adhere to the NHS guidelines regarding personal hygiene. We will also ensure all drivers have hand sanitiser in their vehicles where possible
● Please do not visit the Midas offices without arranging an appointment. If you feel you need to see us in person, please call us on the usual office number and we will try to accommodate your request
● Some staff may be working from home over the coming weeks and we have put systems in place to minimise disruption to our customers. Please be aware that our staff may call you from a mobile number rather than our usual landline.
Should we need to make further changes in the future, we shall obviously communicate these to you as soon as possible.
We hope that you understand our approach. If you have any concerns, please contact the office. We shall issue updated information if the situation changes.
We wish you and your family well at this difficult time.