Midas Productions is an independently owned and operated diesel power solutions provider. We aim to provide a total power solution for businesses requiring emergency power, stand-by power solutions or simply require temporary power in areas not currently served with electricity.
We take a detailed consultative approach to diesel generator hire, to ensure our clients get the right power solution for their needs, without over-specifying equipment or under-estimating requirements. Where necessary, we conduct a site audit to ensure a safe and accessible operating environment for our clients and the machinery itself.
We manage our own fleet of generators, available for hire with either red-diesel, biodiesel or LPG fuel, or dry-hire ready for your own fuel. In addition, we supply all necessary power connectivity and distribution equipment.
Midas offer timed deliveries where required, using our own fleet of HGVs and 4x4s; operator training and a detailed handover.
As an authorised Himoinsa dealership, we also offer generators via short or long term lease or outright purchase.
Midas is a member of the Hire Association of Europe (HAE) which is the industry-leading trade association for the plant and tool hire industry. The company has been awarded the Green Tribute prize from the National Outdoor Event Association and was a winner at the 2014 Festival Supplier Awards and awarded gold standard Suffolk Carbon Charter Mark in 2015, renewed in 2017 and again in 2019.
Meet the Directors
David NobleManaging Director
Responsible for setting strategic direction for Midas Productions, supplier relations and key/national account management. Marketing, sales and client liaison also fall within David’s expertise. He has been instrumental in the building of business partnerships with companies as diverse as global manufacturing giant Himoinsa and SME’s like OnBio. David has also built strong links with the Institute of Sustainability at De Montfort University, helping to bring undergraduates into industry through the Knowledge Transfer Partnership.
Andy DannOperations Director
Responsible for managing all technical aspects of Midas, specifically for projects in AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty), SSSI (Sites of Special Scientific Interest), as well as National Trust and English Heritage sites. Andy is personally responsible for site design and layout on the large temporary installations, ensuring maximum efficiency of the generators and electrical system, which in turn reduces environmental impact. His extensive knowledge of generators and Biodiesel have helped Midas receive wide recognition for its work on sustainability and the environment.
Judge us by the company we keep…
Maintaining power is considered critical to the COVID-19 response
We have a large range of generators for emergency applications ready for immediate deployment
Therefore, Midas will continue to operate our usual 24/7 service, however, we have made some changes to our usual working procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers:
● Emergency generator delivery, particularly into the healthcare sector, will be our top priority. Product deliveries and collections into other sectors will continue as normal unless customers have explicitly requested our drivers do not enter their sites
● We respectfully ask for 24 hours’ notice of any change of delivery details at the current time. In such circumstances, we will work with our customers to understand the issues and rearrange a suitable delivery/collection date or location
● All drivers will adhere to the NHS guidelines regarding personal hygiene. We will also ensure all drivers have hand sanitiser in their vehicles where possible
● Please do not visit the Midas offices without arranging an appointment. If you feel you need to see us in person, please call us on the usual office number and we will try to accommodate your request
● Some staff may be working from home over the coming weeks and we have put systems in place to minimise disruption to our customers. Please be aware that our staff may call you from a mobile number rather than our usual landline.
Should we need to make further changes in the future, we shall obviously communicate these to you as soon as possible.
We hope that you understand our approach. If you have any concerns, please contact the office. We shall issue updated information if the situation changes.
We wish you and your family well at this difficult time.