Midas Productions is an independently owned and operated diesel power solutions provider. We are growing rapidly, but need your help to fully achieve our goals.
If you think you may be suitable for any of the roles outlined below, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us immediately.
We respectfully ask that no recruitment agencies contact Midas regarding the fulfilment of these roles.
Generator Service Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity to work at our Midas Suffolk HQ. Due to our expanding business, we need someone to support our engineering team in the service and maintenance of our generator fleet as well as customers’ own equipment. You should have a strong customer focus, as you will be dealing with both external customers and various departments within the company.
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
HOURS: Full time
BENEFITS: £Competitive, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
1. Possess a relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Diesel Fitting/ Plant OR to have served/completed an approved apprenticeship in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering OR proven experience servicing and repairing generator sets predominantly Himoinsa, FG Wilson, JCB etc………. ESSENTIAL
2. Have good fault-finding abilities and strong communication skills
3. Previous experience of working in a Field Service environment advantageous
4. Full Driving Licence ESSENTIAL
5. Good customer awareness with the ability to respond to customers’ requirements effectively and efficiently
6. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
7. Holder of CSCS Card preferred
Yard Person / HGV Driver
This role involves equipment checks, delivery driving, loading/unloading of lorries and general yard duties. This position is full time although some flexibility in respect of working hours is expected of the successful applicant.
Someone with forklift skills and previous experience within a similar role would be preferred, although not essential.
In return we offer:
A competitive salary & overtimes rates.
Annual Holiday entitlement of 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
Good time management
Ability to organise and prioritise work
Able to work on own initiative
Attention to detail
40 hours per week 8am – 5pm basic hours
Interested? Apply Now!
Maintaining power is considered critical to the COVID-19 response
We have a large range of generators for emergency applications ready for immediate deployment
Therefore, Midas will continue to operate our usual 24/7 service, however, we have made some changes to our usual working procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers:
● Emergency generator delivery, particularly into the healthcare sector, will be our top priority. Product deliveries and collections into other sectors will continue as normal unless customers have explicitly requested our drivers do not enter their sites
● We respectfully ask for 24 hours’ notice of any change of delivery details at the current time. In such circumstances, we will work with our customers to understand the issues and rearrange a suitable delivery/collection date or location
● All drivers will adhere to the NHS guidelines regarding personal hygiene. We will also ensure all drivers have hand sanitiser in their vehicles where possible
● Please do not visit the Midas offices without arranging an appointment. If you feel you need to see us in person, please call us on the usual office number and we will try to accommodate your request
● Some staff may be working from home over the coming weeks and we have put systems in place to minimise disruption to our customers. Please be aware that our staff may call you from a mobile number rather than our usual landline.
Should we need to make further changes in the future, we shall obviously communicate these to you as soon as possible.
We hope that you understand our approach. If you have any concerns, please contact the office. We shall issue updated information if the situation changes.
We wish you and your family well at this difficult time.